Properties of Math

My second lesson this year with my 7th graders is about the properties of addition and multiplication.  I was so thrilled when I found these foldables.  (And, they're free!)  They are perfect for the notebook!  I decided to include one for addition and one for multiplication.  They are on page 3 of the notebook.



Page 4 will be for application of the properties.  BrainPOP.com has a movie for the associative property, the commutative property, and the distributive property.  (They have other activities and information about them all as well.)

These are the first two foldables I will be using with my new 7th graders.  I honestly do not think that they have ever used a foldable before.  I can't wait to start with them!


Comments

  1. Nice explanation this is really awesome and I appreciate your concern about this ideas. I will also follow this rules to get better knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tips! I teach 5th grade, they will be very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the foldable! Can you tell me exactly what the definitions are that you wrote on the inside? I'm having a tough time keeping them short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to know what you put on the inside of each flap! AWESOME foldable!! -6th grade math

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! If you could share your definitions that would be amazing! I love how you made them so concise and show both the algebraic and number form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this foldable and I am trying to keep the definitions and examples short and to the point like you have on a couple of them that you have shown. Is there any possibility that you you tell or show me what you have written on the inside of the rest of the properties so that I can compare what I have? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts