A Little Bit About Me

Welcome to my first post on this blog.  Since I love math and numbers, here are five fast facts about me:
  1. I teach 7th and 8th grade math in the school that I went to from Pre-K to 8th Grade.  It's such an awesome experience to call some of the most influential teachers in my life my colleagues!  (Although I still have a hard time calling some of them by their first names!)
  2. I really do love teaching, my school, and my students.  I never mind getting up and going to work in the morning.  In fact, I look forward to it (which says a lot because I am NOT a morning person)!
  3. I am just about finished with my Master's degree in Educational Technology (all I have left is my department project this fall).  I'm also getting my Supervisor's Certificate.
  4. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Matt, for three years now.  
  5. I am a total foodie.  I love to cook and am slightly obsessed with the Food Network, food blogs, cookbooks, and cooking magazines.  I even have a cooking blog that I started in January 2011, www.cookbookmeals.com.
So that's a little about me.  Here are my three goals for this blog:
  1. Since joining Pinterest a few months ago, I have discovered so many amazing teaching blogs.  Education should be about sharing, and my main goal is to share what works in my classroom.  I would love to hear what works in yours as well!
  2. I love using foldables with my classes.  Although I just started using them this past school year, my students and I both loved them.  I will share all the foldables I create and the ones that I find online with you.
  3. Interactive notebooks are a new initiative I am planning on using this September.  I have already started creating one for my 7th grade classes.  I will talk about my experiences with notebooking.
Of course, I'll include lots of pictures and documents in this blog.  I'm really excited about it!

Comments

  1. I teach 7th and 8th grade math at my old school as well! I just caught up with all of your posts and am so enthralled by your interactive notebooks! I came into the school year with only 3 months to go last year, so this is my first full year coming up and I will have 2 7th grade math classes, 2 8th grade math classes, and a 6th grade math class. I think that the interactive notebooks will be a great help for them all! I look forward to seeing more of your great ideas! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a first year teacher this upcoming August. I will be co-teaching 8th grade math and will be teaching my own small group class. I am so excited, but also so nervous. Any tips for new teachers?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts