- I teach 7th and 8th grade math in the school that I went to from Pre-K to 8th Grade. It's such an awesome experience to call some of the most influential teachers in my life my colleagues! (Although I still have a hard time calling some of them by their first names!)
- I really do love teaching, my school, and my students. I never mind getting up and going to work in the morning. In fact, I look forward to it (which says a lot because I am NOT a morning person)!
- I am just about finished with my Master's degree in Educational Technology (all I have left is my department project this fall). I'm also getting my Supervisor's Certificate.
- I have been married to my wonderful husband, Matt, for three years now.
- I am a total foodie. I love to cook and am slightly obsessed with the Food Network, food blogs, cookbooks, and cooking magazines. I even have a cooking blog that I started in January 2011, www.cookbookmeals.com.
So that's a little about me. Here are my three goals for this blog:
- Since joining Pinterest a few months ago, I have discovered so many amazing teaching blogs. Education should be about sharing, and my main goal is to share what works in my classroom. I would love to hear what works in yours as well!
- I love using foldables with my classes. Although I just started using them this past school year, my students and I both loved them. I will share all the foldables I create and the ones that I find online with you.
- Interactive notebooks are a new initiative I am planning on using this September. I have already started creating one for my 7th grade classes. I will talk about my experiences with notebooking.
Of course, I'll include lots of pictures and documents in this blog. I'm really excited about it!