Fraction, Decimal, and Percent Puzzles

Well, I'm back from a fun and relaxing week in Lake George!  I really do love that place.  In fact, I'm already counting the days until we go back next year!

Now that I'm back though, it's pretty much crunch time.  While I don't officially go back to school until September 3rd, I know these last few weeks of summer are going to fly by!  I spent the day (when I wasn't unpacking and doing laundry) creating a 3-piece puzzle template and then a Fraction, Decimal, and Percent Puzzle.  I'm going to print the puzzles in color on card stock and have them laminated.  This way, they will (hopefully) last a long time.  I think the puzzle will be a good review for my 8th graders early in September, specifically during the first 3 half days when there's not a lot of time to get much done in class.  And, they will be very useful for my 7th graders when we get to the percents unit later on in the year.

I made 21 different colorful puzzles, along with answer sheets for students to record their answers.  This could be a good center activity.  I also am thinking I could have the students race to finish first (with correct answers of course).  Here's some pictures:






You can get the activity at my TpT store or my TN store.

Do you have any center activities for fractions, percents, and decimals?  I'd love to hear about them!

Comments

  1. Love your puzzles!

    Here are two posts I have written with center ideas. Hope you can check them out.

    http://hodgesherald.blogspot.com/2012/08/center-activity-fractions-and-decimals.html

    http://hodgesherald.blogspot.com/2012/07/fractions-decimals-and-percents-game.html

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I love the number line with Velcro idea. I have lots of Velcro dots in my classroom to hang up posters. I never thought to use them for activities. So smart!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts