In addition to redoing my cover pages, vocabulary section, and grading rubric for next year, I also redid my grade sheets. My students have 4 grade sheets glued into the beginning of their notebooks, one for each marking period. It's my way of making sure they keep track of their grades. Last year, I had way too many lines on my grade sheet:
I mean, I never give that many assignments in one marking period!
So for this coming year, I cut down the amount of assignments and also got rid of the date column. I also changed the bottom up a bit. I added a space to keep track of missed homework assignments. I also included an equation for calculating their average each marking period. (No matter how many times I demonstrated how to find it, the different weights confused so many of my students!)