New & Improved Interactive Notebook Cover Pages

I completed my new interactive notebook cover pages.  And, I am very happy with how they turned out!

Last year, I told the students to design their own cover pages.  They had to include their name and class.  I also asked them to write down their user name and password for our online textbook.  Unfortunately, many kids did not do this.  So, most didn't know their passwords.
 
This year, I included a space for each student to write their user name and password for our online textbook site, as well as for ixl.com (a nifty practice website my school subscribes to).  I also added a link to my homework calendar (which is a shared calendar with their English, science, and social studies teachers).  This year there will be no excuses for not knowing any of these sites!

I also included my Common Core Word Stars on the cover pages.  Here's how they turned out:



What do you include on your students' cover pages??

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness Katie! I love what you did with this! I wrote a comment about not using CCSS but I like this idea a lot. I have three ring binders that I use for housing Daily Math Review, and their notebooks. I ma having to reuse binders from last year so I am struggling with how to clean off the permanent marker the kids used to "decorate" them last year. Thought about just covering them in contact paper. I was going to try and do something with color to differentiate the classes on the binder but I don't know. As it stands I have 150 binders covered in 7th grade graffiti. As for the the cover of the ISN I let the kids decorate them. We spend one class period doing so! They loved it last year and really gave them ownership of their notebooks.
    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of letting them decorate their own covers. Contact paper could work to re-cover your binders. Have you tried going over the marker with a dry-erase one and then using the "white" dry-erase marker on top? It may remove the permanent marker when you wipe it off. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Love this idea. Do you use binders or composition books? If you use composition books where does this go? Glued to the front cover? Just found your blog so I'm playing catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have them use 5-subject notebooks. I have them glue this to the very first page.

      Delete
  3. Hi Katie,
    Your ideas sound great. Thanks for sharing! Do you find that regular glue sticks work ok on your 5-subject notebooks? I used to use binders and hole punch everything, but I like your foldables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I do use glue sticks and they seemed to work well last year. I did go through A LOT of glue sticks though!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts