Liebster Award

Elizabeth over at Hodges Herald has nominated me for a Liebster Award!  (Thanks so much!)



Here's how it works...I have to:

1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees
5. Share 11 random facts about yourself
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them


Here are Elizabeth's questions and my answers:

1. Why do you blog? It's a way for me to share what I do in my classroom.  I love interacting with other teachers (through comments) to hear their ideas.


2. Do you have a TpT/TN store? If so, which did you do first, blog or store?  Yes I have both a TpT store and a TN store.  I actually started with the stores first, based on encouragement from a coworker.  The blog evolved from there.


3. How long have you been teaching?  I am about to start my 9th year of teaching middle school math.


4. What songs would be on the soundtrack of your life? (Stole this from Divide and Conquer, but I love it!) I'd have to go with a mix of *NSYNC, Mariah, Britney, and a little Bon Jovi.


5. Do you have a favorite teacher from your days in school?  I do (Ms. Gonzalez, my 7th and 8th grade language arts teacher) and I actually have the pleasure of working with her now.  I work in the school I went to, which is a surreal thing!


6. How would you describe the morale at your school?  We're a small faculty, so we are pretty close.  We are normally very positive and make each other laugh all the time!


7. Favorite decade? (80's, 90's etc...)  I'd have to go with the 90's.  I love good old 90's sitcoms and pop music!


8. Do you speak a second or third language? Which one?  No, I do not.  My husband speaks Korean though!


9. Favorite sport? Favorite team?  I'm a basketball girl.  (I coach girl's team at my school.  We are back-to-back undefeated champions!)  My favorite teams are Duke Men's Basketball and the NY Knicks.  I'm also a big NY Yankee fan.


10. Ever said "never" and then had to eat your words. (Ex: I will never teach middle school. HA! I am there!)  I used to say I would never eat sushi, but now I's obsessed with it!


11. Dog or cat lover?  To be honest, I'm not much of a pet person.  If I had to choose, I'd go with a kitten.


And here's 11 random facts about me:
  1. I love to cook and actually have a cooking blog (cookbookmeals.com).
  2. I have my Masters degree in Educational Technology.
  3. I met my husband the first day of college.  We lived on the same floor.
  4. Even though I have only ever taught middle school math, I student taught in Kindergarten (and did my junior year experience in first grade)!
  5. I teach a cooking class in my school 2 periods a week.
  6. There is no such thing as enough sleep in my mind.
  7. I'm addicted to reality television (especially any show on Bravo).
  8. I go to Lake George, NY with my family every year.
  9. I was a computer science major my first year of college, not a math/education major.
  10. I'm obsessed with Christmas.  Everyone knows it.
  11. Pinterest has changed my life!

Okay, drum roll please...here are my 5 nominees:
  1. Mrs. Hester's Classroom
  2. Everybody is a Genius
  3. Square Root of Negative One Teach Math 
  4. Walking in Mathland
  5. For the Love of Teaching Math

And here are my 11 questions for them:
  1. What's your favorite lesson/unit to teach each year? 
  2. What grades/subjects have you taught?
  3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
  4. What are your favorite blogs to follow (doesn't have to be teaching blogs)?
  5. What's you favorite song of all-time?
  6. How do you unwind after a hectic day/week at work?
  7. What's your favorite memory from teaching?
  8. What's your favorite food?
  9. How do you keep your desk organized?
  10. Do you have any kids?  If, so what ages?
  11. What do you think the hardest lesson/unit is to teach?
Okay, go check out their blogs.  They're really great!  (And don't forget to check out Elizabeth at Hodges Herald!)

Comments

  1. loved reading this!

    Love these random facts about people I "interact" with so much. LOL

    Thanks for participating!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts