Tarsia Puzzle Maker

Have you ever come across an awesome math puzzle online and wished you could make it?  One like this:






Well, you can easily make hexagonal puzzles, as well as a variety of others using this free software from Tarsia.  (It's free as long as it's for noncommercial use, so don't try to sell puzzles you make in you TpT or TN stores!)  To get it go here, then scroll down until you see "Formulator Tarsia".


I downloaded the software last night and have already made my own awesome Combining Like Terms Hexagonal Puzzle.  I love that you can enter all sorts of math symbols and equations.  It's really easy to navigate too.  And it doesn't just stop at hexagonal puzzles.  There are a variety of shapes and types of puzzles and games you can create.  There are matching games, dominoes, discussion game, etc.  I am looking forward to creating lots of activities to use this year!

Comments

  1. I need to jump on the bandwagon and use this software!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know what a fan I am of your blog!!! I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th math.. this will be my 4th year and youve totally inspired me to use interactive notebooks. I never thought they could work so well for math. Thanks a million for the time you put into this and for sharing all your incredible ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Did you use interactive notebooks this past year? I loved them!

      Delete
  3. This is so fun! I made a triangle using four 4s


    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=681bd94c16&view=att&th=138ff47372accc23&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know if they have a download for a "mac" computer? I don't see it and really would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a Mac version.

      Delete
  5. What file extension did you use to open this file? I can't seem to open it on my comupter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just opened the file and it automatically started the installation process.

      Delete
  6. We had to do these all the time in our high school, nice little download that works well thanks :). Everyone remember to make sure it all fit's together because in our school they never did haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I found this. It took me forever to make these, now I can do it in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I am several years late but does this still exist?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I realize I am several years late here but does this still exist??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts